Sunday, December 29, 2013

States Family Christmas Letter

States Family
Christmas Letter
2013

OK…..I know we don’t send this out every year, and I know that we really should take the time to stick a few stamps on some envelopes to help keep the postal service in the black, but, what can I say?  I’m just too tired after this weekend to bother, and I like spell check too much.
Before I get into this let me just say that blessings mixed with trials are real.  Your brain has to take pictures of the joyous moments and keep them in a safe place.  At the middle of the year, the sequester hit Rich and me very, very hard.  We didn’t know how we would make it, but we did, and our joyous moments have filled us and kept us warm. 
Cari and Aaron have the most fun little guys.  Ethan is playing the trombone this year and will be 12 in January (I can’t believe it).   Andrew (9) is quite the talented gymnast and in the advanced class this year.  Isaac (5) just started preschool, and keeps us guessing.  He is a very interesting kid to say the least.  Cari is back in school with a major in Anthropology and pulling straight A’s.  She is also a fabulous cook.  Aaron’s job keeps him busy, but he is a great provider and a fantastic husband and father.  Quite the feat, since his calling as Young Men’s President in their ward at Church keeps him very much in demand.



Ok…..Before the year began, we received some much awaited news. 
Patrick and Caite had made us aware that a baby girl was due to arrive sometime in June.
Lucy Joy.   
June 12th .  8lbs, 11oz.    Born with lots of YELLOW hair!  She is such a sweet little angel.  I know I’m her grandma, but ….ok, yeah, I’m her grandma, so I can say it.  And it’s true.  Patrick is a pharmacy tech at Walmart, and Caite is a Radiologic Technologist.  They have a darling home where Caite knits and sews the cutest things for Lucy and Patrick.  Patrick is starting school in Jan to earn a degree in Sound Production and Engineering. 



THEN…..YAY!!!!  Scott and Ana informed us that Elijah Scott was on the way due in October!!!!  Oct 23rd, Eli came into this world at 7.14 and gave us quite the scare.  But, he is here, and he is fine.  He lets all know when he is hungry with his powerful lungs.  I could never doubt the existence of a loving Father in Heaven as we were all praying in the delivery room waiting for his cry.  We know our prayers were answered, and how grateful we are for this precious little guy.  Ana works for Church Finance and Scott is working at DMBA, and getting his degree in Health Services Administration.
.Elijah Scott 

Sometime in May, Laura paid me a visit with her little girls, Meagan, 6 (smart as a whip and in kindergarten and ballet), and Madilynn, 3 (whom, for reasons I won’t go into, we have nicknamed, Bobcat).  She then told me she had something to show me on the computer, and I 
saw THIS:
It seems Baby Kirk is on his way on January 17th.  Now, this one REALLY took me by surprise!!!  While we were sure they were having more, I couldn’t help but feel a bit overwhelmed….afterall, Lucy wasn’t even here yet!
Laura and Gerritt really are doing great.  Such cute parents.  Gerritt’s still working full time for Church security and going to school full time.  Laura is a full time Mommy and so cute with those little girls.  She loves her church calling with the special needs kids every Thursday.
Just a month after Laura’s surprising announcement my little Olivia ….YEP!  YOU GUESSED IT!!!
Robbie and Livvy are due to name their little GIRL Emalee Belle, My little Liv has been planning motherhood since she was five, so everyone is thrilled!  They bought a darling house last year, and she has been having fun with all the decorating!!  Livvy is still hard at work at DMBA, and Robbie is a draftsman at TBSE, a Structural Engineering Firm.
Ok.  Rich and I are getting older.  It happened before we knew it.  Our spirits don’t seem to feel any different, but our bodies really let us know when we have had enough.
I really enjoy singing in my choir calling, and it rewards me every day I am there.  It seems so surreal that I really do sing with such a fabulous organization, but I just chalk it up to our creator who gave me the ability to sing, and the gumption to audition.  I remember as a little girl in East Texas watching the choir in B&W wwwaaaayyyy back in the 60s dreaming that someday…… AND, I must add that without my husband’s sacrifice and support, I could never do it. 
Rich is still working at Hill AFB. AND, last May, he picked up his camera again.  Many of you know what a talented photographer he is.  Since a kid, Rich has taken some pretty great photographs.  Well, we decided to start a little business, and who knows?  Maybe something will come of it.   

Four of our kids had huge announcements, so we were wondering about our oldest kid, Cari, as 
well…..Cari has assured me that her hands are full.  J
As I have been reflecting upon this past year whilst writing this letter, and so much I do not write…..I cannot help but see and feel the Savior’s presence in my family’s lives.  I know that the Lord, Jesus Christ, lives.  I know He loves us.  I am grateful for His birth.  I am awed by His Sacrifice.  As we go about the Year 2014 making resolutions to better ourselves, let us also be resolute in our commitments to Him who never gives up on us.
Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year!
Rich and Lisa States



No comments:

Post a Comment