Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sweet Feet and Grass in Summer

I remember my mother saying that she loved putting the baby's feet in grass for the first time just hear their laughter. It tickled their feet. I thought of that today when I watched my little grandaughter, Meagan, run barefoot thru the grass beside her "Boppa" and I watched the delight on her face.

I am so amazed at the little joys that my grandchildren are so often bringing to me. I am reminded of the Love my Heavenly Father has for me just by looking in the face of one of my precious little ones!

Life has such a way of weighing one down, and most of the time....not always...much of it is within our control. I'm not saying that we can help many of the circumstances we find ourselves in, but we can certainly choose how we handle and accept them. We can carry them around like a backpack full of rocks.....or not. I've definitely had moments...or...ahem, years of rocks attached to my back, when I could've chosen to just deal with how things were. Oh, there have been so many joyful moments mixed in those rocky times, and I think, had I chosen to recognize them....wow....let's just say, the memories would be nicer. Of course...."hindsight is always 20/20", isn't it?

We always have to learn. No matter how we are advised by those who are older, we still have to learn for ourselves. I have learned "Don't sweat the small stuff", and probably, .....don't sweat the big stuff, either, if you can't do anything about it. Just do everything you can do about what you CAN control. Be good. Be nice. Smile. Be kind. Don't humiliate anyone, especially children.

I think....I'm gonna take my shoes off and run in the grass.

1 comment:

  1. :) The innocence of children is an amazing thing to witness. If only we adults took the time to enjoy things as we used to.

    ReplyDelete